CFI Certified FMVA (Financial Modeling and Valuation) Exam
CFI FMVA Exam
CFI’s Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)® Certification Program will teach you essential skills required to perform practical financial analysis.
Financial models are a critical part of the decision-making process in the finance industry today. By following our recommended financial modeling courses, students learn the best way to structure their models to instill confidence in the stakeholders involved in the decision-making process.
The Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst FMVA® certification can help you learn financial modeling skills, streamline a budgeting and forecasting process, or improve competency levels across the entire accounting and finance spectrum. The FMVA® certification provides all the skills, tools, and techniques required to become a world-class financial professional.
Steps of Certification
Step 1: Prep Courses Optional
To prepare for the program, take our 7 optional prep courses to learn or review the fundamentals.
Step 2: Core Courses
Complete 11 core courses to build a strong foundation in financial modeling and valuation.
Step 3: Elective Courses
Choose a minimum of 3 electives (out of 19 available) to explore more advanced topics and specialized subjects.
Step 4: Final Exam
After completing the required courses, take the FMVA® final exam (with a minimum passing grade of 70%) to earn your program certification.
Step 5: Get FMVA® Certified
Congratulations! Upon completion of the program, you will receive a block-chain digital certificate with your new credentials. You also have the option to order a physical certificate to be mailed to your door.
Distribution of Questions
- Identify key items on the financial statements and describe the interrelationship between all the components
- Explain the fundamental accounting principles that underly detailed accounting standards
- Identify the key accounting standards commonly encountered by financial analysts and explain the impact on financial statements and financial models
- Utilize the keyboard shortcuts to save time and be more efficient in Excel
- Conduct data analysis using data tables, pivot tables, and other common functions
- Use advanced formulas and functions to enhance the functionality of financial models
- Explain key concepts around capital investments, the capital-raising process, different forms of financing, and the optimal capital structure
- Assess the profitability, efficiency, returns, and value of a business using common financial ratios and analytical tools
- Use key statistical measures to assess trends and relationships within sets of data
- Build a dynamic, logically designed, well structured 3-statement financial model
- Create multi-year forecasts for the income statement, cash flow, and balance sheet
- Perform scenario and sensitivity analyses to enhance the robustness of the financial model
- Identify the different valuation methodologies and discuss the pros and cons of each
- Perform a valuation analysis using comparable company and precedent transactions analysis
- Calculate the weighted-average cost of capital and construct a DCF model in Excel
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Apply various forecasting techniques to develop a robust financial forecast
- Track actual performance against budgeted amounts using variance analysis and other techniques
- Analyze the impact of a variance analysis on the financial statements and use the results to improve the budgeting process
Presentation and Visuals
- Create insightful dashboards and advance data visualization techniques to communicate the results of financial analysis
- Create aesthetically pleasing and insightful charts, graphs, and tables in Excel
- Design impactful presentations to communicate key messages to a wide variety of audiences
- Differentiate between the different levels of a company’s strategy
- Perform an analysis of external forces and internal competencies and assess the impact on a company’s competitive advantage
- Generate, evaluate and select optimal strategic alternatives and tie these to a company’s mission, vision, and goals
Free Practice Exam for CFI FVMA Exam: https://exams-academy.com/Practice_Test_1_for_CFI_Certified_FMVA_Exam_Free.php
Summary Financial models are a critical part of the decision-making process in the finance industry today. By following our recommended financial modeling courses, students learn the best way to structure their models to instill confidence in the stakeholders involved in the decision-making process.